Richard Junior Groleau, 91, of Sallisaw, Oklahoma, passed away at home in Sallisaw, Oklahoma on May 10, 2021. Richard was born on January 25, 1930 in Escanaba, Michigan to Clara Emma (Longhurst) Groleau and Publius (Peter) Charles Groleau. He was married to Rosa Lee Mae (Waack) Groleau on August 28, 1952 in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The two met at Central Bible Institute (CBI) in Springfield, Missouri. Mr. Groleau was a teacher, having taught in Tulsa, California, Oregon, and China. He became a rancher in 1975 when he and Rosa Lee moved to Sequoyah County, Oklahoma. He was also a carpenter and participated in mission projects in Mexico and Honduras. Prior to CBI, he was in the U.S. Navy, serving 1947-1950 in Guam, the USS Toledo (CA-133), and the USS Randall (APA-224).
- his wife, Rosa Lee of the home;
- three daughters, Yvonne Tillapaugh of Pagosa Springs, Colorado, Rebecca Cole & Rondell of Sallisaw, Oklahoma, and Joy Hagerty & Ken of Springdale, Arkansas;
- three sons: Wesley Groleau & Michelle of Springfield, Oregon, John Groleau of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Pete & Susan Groleau of Sullivan, Missouri;
- grandchildren: Christopher Groleau, Michael Groleau, Cherie Hott, Rebecca Rasmussen, Ricky Tillapaugh, Neil Tillapaugh, Sheila Cole, Jaims Lee Cole, Travis Cole, Silver Cole, and Christopher Wooden;
- Step-grandchildren: Stephanie Minter & Scott Arellano-Paudois;
- great-grandchildren, Haley, Emma, Macey, Jace, Oliver, Joseph, Savannah, Hayden, Hailey, Mya, Piper Jo, Esperanza, Marguerite, Toran, Kyla Jade, and Cash;
- numerous other relatives and friends.
From Escanaba Daily Press with minor edits and links by W. Wesley Groleau.