From History of Coles County, Illinois, by Charles Edward Wilson (1905):

“The first Salisbury School House (No. 31) was built about 1855-56, in the northwest quarter of the northwest quarter of Section 10-11-10.  Some of the first teachers were: Andrew Edwards, Valentine McGahan, John Ingram and John Redman.  A second house was built later, but was taken down in 1901 and a new building erected the same year, situated in the southwest corner of Section 3-11-10.  The present teacher is Miss Helen Gray.  Wiley School House (No. 32) was built in the year 1873 in the southwest corner of the southwest quarter of the northwest quarter of Section 1-11-10.  The first teacher was Nettie Brooks.  Belva Kocht is the present teacher.”

[John Ingram also taught in two other schools.]

Posted on AccessGenealogy.com without attribution:

John Ingram, farmer and schoolteacher; P. O. Charleston; was born in Vermilion Co., Ill., Oct. 16, 1836; his parents moved to Coles Co., when he was 18 months old, and settled on Sec. 33; his mother died there in February, 1855; his father is still living on Sec. 34, at the age of 65; the subject of this sketch still resides upon the homestead; he has taught school ever since he was 22 years of age.  Married Miss Almorinda Garrison of Hutton Tp. (daughter of Peter Garrison) Oct. 1, 1857; she was born Jan. 9, 1839; her father, Peter Garrison, was born near Syracuse, State of New York, May 4, 1804, and went to Lawrence Co., Ind., and from there to Crawford Co., Ill., and, in the year 1835, moved to Coles Co., and settled on Sec. 11, where he died November, 1858; her mother still lives at the age of 65; Mr. Ingram’s family consisted of six children—five boys, four living—Malden S., born Feb. 2, 1862; Alva C., April 12, 1864; Arthur S., April 3, 1866; and Thomas O., born March 12, 1870; one deceased-Emery T., born Oct. 21, 1859, died Dec. 29, 1872; and one girl, Laura, born May 24, 1868.  His farm contains 134 acres.”

From History of Coles County, Illinois, by Charles Edward Wilson (1905):

INGRAM, Thomas, farmer, Hutton Township, Coles County, Ill.  was born in the locality in which he now resides, December 16, 1839, the son of Arthur and Elizabeth Ingram, natives of Kentucky, who came to Coles County in 1838.  Mr. Ingram was educated in the public schools near his home, and has for many years followed the vocation of a farmer.  He owns 200 acres of land, and is devoting considerable attention to the raising of stock.

On November 22, 1893, Mr. Ingram was married to Mrs. Margaret C. (Henderson) Ingram, daughter of Alfred and Jane Henderson, and widow of Peter Ingram.  Mrs. Ingram has one daughter, Ida May.  In his political views Mr. Ingram is a Republican.  Himself and wife are members of the Separate Baptist Church at Little Flock.”